Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Star Flower

Photo from PlantingFlowerBulbs.com

Yesterday evening I found a small bag hanging by my front door.  Inside were several bulbs, a couple with the white flowers still attached.   I had NO ideas where these came from or what they were.  I called all the usual suspects, but none of my regular garden pals would fess up.   I was delighted to receive these but quite baffled to figure out how they got there.   Finally I got a call from one of my across-the-street neighbors asking if I had found the bulbs she had left.  She says they are Star Flowers  and that they will spread quite a bit, which is why she had some to share.  I just love bulb flowers so I am so pleased to introduce these into my mix of tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and allium.  In a couple years they are likely to begin proliferating at my place too, so if one day you come home to find a bag of bulbs by your door, I just may be guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment