Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cherry Blossoms in the Nation's Capital




I'm in Arlington, VA for a conference for work.  After sitting in on two straight days of various panels talking about stuff, my butt and my attention span were both crying uncle.  So I took some time off this afternoon, hopped on the subway and headed for the National Mall.  I walked a couple miles wondering around looking at the sites of Washington DC.  The cherry blossoms along the Potomac were in full bloom and absolutely glorious.

I got to see lots of pretty flowers:




But my take-away from today's walk through the monuments was the feelings I had as I pondered the sacrifice so many have made to give us the freedoms we have in this country.





For all the problems our country and our government may have, I really do believe the United States was founded on some great principles.  I am grateful to my sons and brother,  my father-in-law, uncles and cousins,along with countless friends and strangers who have given honorable service in the defense of our country.  I have not agreed with or supported all the military actions our country has been involved in.  But I DO support the men and women who so willingly serve.



1 comment:

  1. Nice, Lynda! Your pics look great and your sentiments are great also.
    At home I see your garden is really coming to life. We've had a good spring so far.

    ReplyDelete